Start using the BIAS Distortion Pro pedal:● Plug in the 9V DC power supply on the rear panel, then connect it to an electrical outlet. Alternatively, you can power the unit via your desktop computer with the supplied micro USB cable. Once you the pedal is powered, it will automatically turn on and the LEDs will blink. If the LEDs do not react as you power up the unit, please check your power supply and make sure everything is plugged in properly.
● Then Simply insert the cable connected to your guitar, into the INPUT jack located on the I/O (rear) panel.
Bypass Mode is the default state when the pedal turns on, meaning that no preset will be in effect and the input signal will be passed to the output without any modification. You can press the A/B/C footswitch to turn on a preset to begin shaping the tone. Press again to go back to Bypass Mode.
With the BIAS Pedal app, you can choose between True Bypass and Buffer Bypass.
● True Bypass
Creates a short circuit between the input and output, making the bypassed signal untouched and pure.
● Buffer Bypass
The signal will still go through our main circuit but it bypass the effects. This might slightly affect the tone, but the signal will be boosted a little bit to drive longer with less noise.
The default of BIAS Distortion Pro is buffer bypass and you can switch with BIAS Pedal app or unplug the power and:● Hold footswitch A and then plug power into engage True Bypass
● Hold footswitch B and then plug power into engage Buffer Bypass
BIAS Distortion Pro comes with 3 different boost effects.
Different boost types comes with different tonality
● Treble Boost - Boost the volume particularly on the top end
● Clean Boost - Boost the volume over the entire frequency range
● Fat Boost - Boost the volume particularly on the low-mid range
Long press Boost footswitch to switch between Pre and Post position of the boost effect.
● Post (Blue) - The boost effect is placed after the distortion effect. Pushing the volume will mainly increase the overall volume of the signal.
Once you have dialed in your tone, you can save the preset in the pedal.
● Save Preset
Once a parameter changes, the preset LED will start to blink. Hold down the preset knob until the LED stop blinking to save the changes.
* If you want to discard the changes, switch to other presets or go back to Bypass Mode to discard the changes.
● Save footswitch assignment
Once the preset changes, the footswitch LED will start to blink. Hold down the preset knob until the LED stop blinking to save the new mapping.
*If you want to discard the changes, press the footswitch again to go back to Bypass Mode and discard the changes.