Q: How to sync Metal Pack ?
A: NOTE: We received some users report that with the latest update, Metal Pack Sync doesn't work in some devices. We are currently looking into this issue and sorry about the inconvenience. Currently All Access Pack user can not sync Metal Pack in BIAS FX, we will fix that in the next update.
If you have purchased Artist Metal Pack in Jamup or JamUp Pro, you can sync your Artist Metal Pack in BIAS FX for free.
1. Make sure you use the same Apple ID and login.
2. Make sure you have wifi access.
3. Make sure you install JamUp or JamUp Pro on the same device as BIAS FX.
4. Go to BIAS FX Store, and Restore Purchase will unlock Metal Pack automatically.
Here is where your new amps and effects will be located:
Merrow Gate (Gate)
Loomis OD (Drive)
Merrow Drive (Drive)
Loomis PQ (EQ)
Ola Chorus (Mod)
Ola Delay (Delay)
Loomis Metal (AMP HI GAIN)
Merrow Fire (AMP HI GAIN)
Merrow 5153 (AMP HI GAIN)
Ola War (AMP HI GAIN)
Loomis 120 (AMP Acoustic)
Ola Peace (AMP Acoustic)
The Positive Grid Team
Q: How to send your log through iOS devices ?
A: Many of the users would face a difficulty when encounter issues on iOS devices. Because there's no log to find in the app, most of the users could just describe the issue and raise a request to us, which is sometimes not that clear for the engineers to understand or find out the problem.
Therefore, we provide a way here for iOS users to find out how to send any document that could help them describe the issues and errors they might have.
The steps are as below:
1. Connect your device to your computer -> Open iTunes and see your device showing on the window.
2. Choose the device -> Go to "Apps" -> When the right side shows app page, scroll down and find "File Sharing". Then choose the app that you have an issue with.
See picture below:
3. After you choose the app, it will show the documents on the right side. Take BIAS FX for example in the picture, it shows "BIAS FX DOCUMENTS" on the top bar.
Please choose all of the documents as the picture below:
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see two buttons, one "Add..." and one "Save to...". Choose "Save to..." to get the information in your computer and then make all the files into a zip file. That way you can attach it in your support request.
See picture below:
If you can't see the picture clearly, please hit the link to check out the original files.
Q: Why BIAS FX has no sound output ?
A: There are several settings might help to solve this problem:
1. Check your iOS privacy setting. iOS added the privacy setting for microphone access, it will ask your permission at the first time startup. You can go to iOS setting -> Privacy -> Microphone to enable it.
2. Check mono audio setting. In the iOS setting -> accessibility -> mono audio, make sure it's off.
3. If you are using external speakers, please select speaker mode in the Setting -> Output Selector -> Speaker. Or try to use a stereo cable but only plug left or right into your aux-in or line in.
Note: If your interface has 2 outputs, use 2 cables - a Stereo Cable (One jack that splits to Two jacks) will give you a much smaller output sound.
4. If you are using an USB input adapter, try to change the input channel setting to a different channel (Settings -> Input Channel)
Q: What's the Difference between BIAS FX and JamUp ?
A: BIAS FX is whole new amp-and-effects processor with professional-grade effects.
- Over the last several years, a range of high processing powered digital guitar effects and mobile guitar apps have changed the way millions of guitarists play and record.
- More and more working musicians are finding ways to use iPad for live performance and recording projects. The question for us is how we can create new tools to maximize the sound quality with today’s technology.
- The result is BIAS FX. It’s designed from the ground up with no-compromise mindset on sound quality.
- It comes with all the greatest and latest algorithms from our audio signal processing research and development, and it provides significantly detailed and authentic emulation of analog pedals and studio racks.
- It also has custom BIAS amp integration (sold separately), a dual amp signal chain and it’s fully MIDI controllable.
- We then go beyond and create a cross-platform, amp-and-effects processor. Now - for the first time - musicians can achieve high quality sound in the studio for recording and on iPad for live performance and practice.
- With our open community ToneCloud for guitar PedalBoards and rigs sharing, BIAS FX provides significant better tone quality and possibilities for guitar and bass playing.