*If you don't see Rewind in BIAS FX 2 Desktop, make sure to update to v2.4.6 or above.
What is Rewind?
- The Rewind features is essentially a background recorder that captures your playing without you actively engaging it.
- If you accidentally come across a musical idea that you like, and want to go back and listen to the idea again, Rewind allows you to do exactly that.
How does it work?
- For the first time (since updating the application), you need to turn on Rewind manually (in the menu).
- Once turned on, Rewind will always be on until you turn it off (even the next time you launch the program).
- If Rewind is activated, you can see its icon slowly blinking on the top bar.
How to use Rewind?
- Click on Rewind’s icon to open its function tab.
- Info of the past recording will be shown.
- Rewind will record the last 5/10/15 mins of your playing (based on your setting).
- Once you reach the maximum recording time, Rewind will continue recording and simultaneously erase the previous recordings (record 1 sec of new clip & erase 1 sec of old clip) to keep the recording in the set time length.
- You can easily scroll through the past recording, fast forward/rewind, trim, and export the clip.
- To export the audio recording, click on the share button in the buttom right corner. New window will open.
- You can select the edited or unedited clip to export. It’ll then be saved as a WAV file.
- Rewind is available to all users (despite the license tier).
- Rewind will automatically stop recording when there’s no output signal detected in BIAS FX 2 for around 10 sec (to avoid blank recording when there’s no playing). Recording will resume when output signal is again detected.
- Changing the sample rate (in Audio Setting) will erase the existing recording in Rewind.