Through our ongoing pursuit of perfect tone, you’ll enjoy significantly improved sound flexibility with optimizations to EQ Scenario and other various fixes with this firmware update.
(System Requirement: macOS 10.13 or later / Windows 8 or later.
The updater does NOT run on Linux, ChromeOS, iOS, iPadOS, Android, or any other systems.)
*This firmware is for Spark GO ONLY.
DO NOT update your Spark 40 or the Spark MINI with this firmware updater.
Please follow the steps below to perform the Spark GO firmware update:
*Prior to initiating the process, we recommend making sure your custom presets are backed up to the ToneCloud or Dropbox.
*Make sure Spark GO remains disconnected from all other devices through Bluetooth before proceeding.
- Download the Spark GO Firmware updater to your computer and launch it. Do NOT turn on Spark GO just yet.
For Windows users, please right click on the 'Spark GO Firmware Updater.exe' file, and select 'Run as administrator'.
- Turn on the SparkGO and connect it to your computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Click ‘OK, Go Next’.
- The firmware updater will detect if the update is available. Click the red ‘Update Firmware’ button to start the update process.
*DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE OR TURN OFF YOUR SPARK GO/COMPUTER WHILE UPDATING.
If you encounter any issue or error message that prevents you from completing the update process, make sure to try again after shutting down Spark GO.
- The firmware update is complete when you see the ‘Firmware Updated’ message. Click ‘Done’ and Spark GO will turn off automatically.
- After updating the firmware, if you have previously connected your phone/tablet to Spark GO, please ensure that you access your device's Bluetooth settings, forget the previous connection with Spark GO Audio, and then proceed to pair it again.
- You’re done! Now power up Spark GO and get to jamming.
Q: My computer does not detect Spark GO.
A: Please try another USB port and avoid using a USB hub.
Q: What should I do if the updater gets stuck at 2% or shows Error Code: -2?
A: Try running the updater again and see if that resolves the issue.
Q: After the firmware update, all four preset LEDs on Spark GO start flashing when powered on.
A: Retry running the updater once more. This can often resolve the issue of a failed update.
Q: After the firmware update, Spark GO cannot be connected via Bluetooth.
A: In your device's Bluetooth settings, forget the previous connection of Spark GO and then reconnect.
Q: If the Bluetooth update is interrupted midway (between 5% and 37%), what should I do?
A: Do not immediately reconnect the USB for updating. Wait for about one to two minutes until the device shuts down on its own, then restart it before attempting to communicate with the updater again.