(System Requirement: macOS 10.13 or later / Windows 8 or later.
The updater does NOT run on Linux, ChromeOS, iOS, iPadOS, Android, or any other systems.)
*For Windows users, please right-click on the installer, and select "run as Administrator".
*This firmware is for Spark MINI ONLY.
DO NOT update your Spark 40 or the Spark GO with this firmware updater.
Spark MINI firmware v220.127.116.11 (Bluetooth Firmware v1.90)
- Support USB Audio
- Optimized update process
- Fix potential crashing and freezing issue
Please follow the steps below to perform the Spark MINI firmware update:
- Download the Spark MINI Firmware updater to your computer.
- Connect Spark MINI to your computer with the supplied USB cable first.
- Launch the firmware updater.
*For Windows users, please right click on the installer, and select "run as Administrator".
- Power on Spark MINI, and click ‘OK, Go Next’.
- Press and hold the Pair and Power buttons on the back panel of Spark MINI until the preset LEDs start to blink. The firmware updater will detect if the update is available.
- Click the red ‘Update Firmware’ button to start the update process.
*DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE OR TURN OFF YOUR SPARK MINI/COMPUTER WHILE UPDATING*
*For Mac users, since Spark MINI firmware v1.9.2, an additional program (Python v2.7) is required to be installed for the firmware update to proceed. Please rest assured that this program is in no way harmful to your computer and personal information. If you wish, you may uninstall the program after the firmware update is completed.
- The firmware update is complete when you see the ‘Firmware Updated’ message. Click ‘Done’ and Spark MINI will turn off automatically.
- You’re done! Now power up Spark MINI and get to jamming.
Q: My computer does not detect Spark MINI.
A: Please try another USB port and avoid using USB hub.
Q: What should I do if the updater gets stuck at 2% or shows Error Code: -2?
A: Try running the updater again and see if that resolves the issue.
Q: After the firmware update, all four preset LED on Spark MINI start flashing when powered on.
A: Retry running the updater once more. This can often resolve the issue of a failed update.
Q: After the firmware update, Spark MINI cannot be connected via Bluetooth.
A: In your device's Bluetooth settings, forget the previous connection of Spark MINI and then reconnect.